This dish takes full advantage of the gorgeous summer produce that is starting to appear in farmer's markets and CSA boxes.
Use this recipe as a jumping off point and add whatever veggies you like -- shaved asparagus (or cooked), mushrooms, fresh corn, and snow peas would all work really well.
Summer Veggie PastaPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1/2 pound linguine (or your favorite pasta -- fettuccine and spaghetti would also work really well!)
- 1/2 pound zucchini
- 1/2 pound yellow squash
- 1 pound tomatoes, finely chopped (use any tomatoes you have access to -- if using cherry, no need to cut them in half -- roma, beefsteak and heirloom would all work)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Panko, toasted
- 8 small basil leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta cooks, shave zucchini and squash into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler; place in a large bowl.
Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients to bowl; toss to combine.
Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat. This allows all the flavors to meld together and infuse the ingredients with gorgeous flavor.
When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the vegetables while it's still warm. This is how to get really flavorful pasta.
Add pasta to vegetables, tossing gently to combine.
Top with panko, basil, radishes, cheese, and extra drizzle of olive oil.