Yep, this pie is truly tasty. Though there are no eggs in it, it sets up like a dream and is extremely smooth and velvety.
- 9 inch pie crust, baked and cooled
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or one vanilla bean
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch; set aside.
- On low to medium heat in a medium-sized sauce pan, add 4 tablespoons of butter, heavy cream, and milk. Scrape the seeds from the bean and add them and the empty bean to the pot with the liquids.
- After the butter has melted, remove the bean, then slowly add the cornstarch and sugar mixture. Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk just until the mixture is thick and creamy. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour the mixture into the pie crust and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter.Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place the pie under the broiler until the butter bubbles. Watch your pie carefully; this will not take long.Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!