Roasted cherry tomatoes with Pecorini.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces pancetta – cut into 1/2″ pieces
- *1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes – slow roasted, then coarsely chopped
- 1 pound dried Bucatini
- 8 ounces arugula – stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino – freshly shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt generously.
- WHILE the water is heating, warm the olive oil in a saute pan placed over medium heat. Add pancetta and saute, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes OR until pancetta begins to render its fat and turn somewhat crispy. Stir in the tomatoes and cook. Stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes OR until they are heated through. Turn off heat, cover and keep sauce warm.
- Add pasta to boiling water, stir to separate the noodles. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer pasta to frying pan and gently toss the pasta and sauce to combine. Add a splash or two of the cooking water if necessary to loosen the sauce. Add arugula by the handful and continue to toss for a minute or two until the greens are slightly wilted.Transfer the dressed pasta to shallow serving bowls and sprinkle with pecorino cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Note:To make slow roasted cherry tomatoes: heat the oven to 275 degrees. Cut the tomatoes in 1/2 and arrange them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil over tomatoes. Scatter 2 thinly slices cloves of garlic over. Season with salt/pepper. Roast for 2-3 hours OR until tomatoes have collapsed and shriveled but are still moist. Let cool and use immediately OR store in a tightly lidded container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!