This is a riff on your standard artichoke recipe. Breadcrumbs and fresh herbs fill each artichoke and then served with an incredibly EASY (seriously, it's true) blender hollandaise.
Herbed Artichokes with Parmesan Hollandaise
No ratings yet
Total Time: 50 minutes minutes
- 4 whole medium artichokes
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Hollandaise
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and hot
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
For the Artichokes:
- Cut the stem from the bottom of the artichokes so it can sit upright, then trim off the tops of the pointy leaves with kitchen shears to make the tops straight across instead of pointy. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Place the artichokes bottom side down in the pot. If they keep turning over, place a plate on top to help keep them just below the water. Boil for 15 minutes. Once finished, using tongs, carefully remove artichokes from the pot, and let them drain upside down on a large plate or platter.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, herbs, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and using a spoon, mix until completely combined. Place the artichokes top-side in a baking dish that fits them snugly so they don’t tip over. Carefully, open the top of each artichoke and spoon ¼ of the breadcrumb mixture into each artichoke. Pour about 1/3 cup of water in the bottom of the dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the hollandaise.
- In a blender, put the yolks and lemon juice. Blend until combined, and then, with the blender on slow speed, through the spout, VERY VERY slowly drizzle in the hot butter. I like to melt the butter in a glass measuring cup which makes it easier to pour slowly into the blender. Continue to drizzle the hot butter into the yolk and juice mixture until the butter is full incorporated the mixture thickens. Spoon the hollandaise into a bowl and stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!