Wondering what to do with your leftover chicken from last night? Add it to this flavorful and healthy salad for some extra protein. In fact, I highly recommend making this salad as your side dish for dinner, and then it's all ready to fill up your child's lunchbox tomorrow!
Mediterranean OrzoPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole lemon, Juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound orzo, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 cup red or yellow grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 whole red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small mason jar and shake to blend. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and pour the dressing over the top. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasonings, and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Top with more feta (because I always add more feta!) and parsley.