This light, refreshing soup has a bit of hit from the jalapeno and crunch from the cucumbers. It's equal parts cool and spicy. It's one of the easiest soups to make --- put everything in a blender and refrigerate for a few hours. This is your ticket to being the hit at your next potluck party!
- 2 – 3 thin slices of jalapeno, seeds removed
- ½ tablespoon shallot
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup cilantro (you can also use parsley)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup plain, full fat Greek yogurt (Fage is my favorite!)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- Lime juice, drizzle on top for extra burst of citrus
- Sour cream
- Fresh chives
Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight. The longer the gazpacho is in the fridge, the more the flavors will meld and the more flavor the gazpacho will have.
When ready to serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, lime juice, sour cream and chives.
I love doubling this soup, if I’m serving a crowd, and serving it in long shot glasses for a festive look.