This is dead simple, and totally delicious. I tend to grill up plenty of them, take them off the skewers, pile them on a platter, and stick a few toothpicks on. People get the idea pretty quickly, and they disappear... I like them good and spicy, but you can adjust the amount of Sriracha as you'd like.
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- Mix together the Sriracha, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Season aggressively with salt and pepper. Put in a 1-gallon plastic bag, add the shrimp, and mix together in the bag. Marinate in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours. Or longer.
- Heat a grill. Skewer the shrimp (4 to 6 shrimp per skewer) and grill until pink and delicious, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill, slide the shrimp from the skewer using a fork, and pile on a serving platter. Sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro, and throw a few toothpicks in a few shrimp. Watch them disappear.