These crab cakes are filled with nothing but crab -- no extra fillers, just sweet juicy crab. Make large patties for dinner or small patties for the perfect party appetizer
The Absolute Best Ever Crab Cakes
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 20 minutes minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over to ensure there are no shell fragments
- 20 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat with the cracker crumbs. Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture. You want the mayonnaise mixture to incorporate into the crabmeat, but be careful not to overmix. I like to use my hands, or a spatula for the best results. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can also refrigerate overnight.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the crab mixture into 8 separate mounds. Very lightly pack into 8 patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Don’t pack down too much – you don’t want flat crab cakes. They should be slightly rounded on top.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the crab cakes and cook over moderately high heat until deeply golden and heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!