I recommend serving these tacos with a side of grilled corn on the cob (which you can serve up street style and use up some more of that Cotija cheese!
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Avocado Salsa
No ratings yet
Total Time: 30 minutes minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless salmon, skinned and sliced into 3 equal portions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt, then more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Avocado Salsa:
- 2 medium avocados (ripe but semi-firm), peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup small diced red onion, run under cool water to remove harsh bite and drain
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 6- inch corn tortillas, warmed or fried
- 2 cups thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
For the salmon:
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat. In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, coriander, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Evenly rub mixture over both sides of salmon (I placed the first one on the plate then began to stack the rest over it so the rub didn't all just end up left behind on the plate). Brush grill lightly with oil, place salmon on grill and cook, rotating once halfway through cooking, until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa.
For the avocado salsa:
- In a mixing bowl gently toss together diced avocado, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, and olive
To assemble tacos:
- Break salmon into small portions and layer over center of tacos, add cabbage, avocado salsa and Cotija cheese. Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!